Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Whatchoo Talkin' 'Bout, Mommy?

I'm now entering my fourth month of pregnancy, walking boldly out of the first trimester, but morning sickness is still holding on strong. Morning sickness, afternoon nausea, and evening queasiness to be more accurate. I'm taking a lot of naps, because, quite frankly, sleeping is the only time I feel good. I feel like I've been missing out on Sophie, though and that makes me really sad. She's such a fun kid, but I struggle to play with her and keep down my lunch, leaving me with a very short wick. I've been feeling extra sentimental lately and am trying to get her to snuggle with me and kiss me any chance I get. Either she screams and claws at Daddy to save her or I get this look.....

The only times that she comes to me voluntarily are if I have food/drink or if I hold up my shirt so that she can see my belly button. She loves to poke me in the belly button (her version of tickle) and to kiss the baby aka my belly. I feel kind of cheap, but I'll take what I can get, I guess.

The doctor estimates that my nausea should be gone within the next two weeks and my energy should get a boost, too. Until then, I'm a stranger to my little girl :-( I miss you, Stinkerbell.

No comments: