Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sweet, Silly, Stubborn, Smart Sophie

As I may or may not have mentioned before, since Daddy stopped working outside the home a few weeks ago, Sophie has been Mommy's best friend. She's so snuggly with me lately, I'm loving it.
She's also spontaneously kissing the belly/baby....
And listening to hear him moving.
For those of you that know my husband, he's a big goofball. Not in a Jim Carey or Jack Black kind of way, but in the cute, silly way. He's starting to rub off on Sophie.
Danger Will Robinson! Danger Will Robinson!
Jumping and dancing with Lucky (while Lucky stares at her with a quizzical look).
She's really aware of when pictures are being taken of her and always wants to view the screen afterward. She'll smile for photos, like this one which looks like a school photo.
And she wants me to take pictures of her special things. Like her new Vera Bradley backpack (which I bought at a yard sale for only a fraction of the cost).
But then, you can catch her randomly doing things which kinda just make us go 'HUH??'
Like pulling every pair of my underwear out of the (clean, thank God) laundry basket and putting them on over her head. Like I said, she gets it from Daddy.
Sophie has also been on a cleaning kick lately. Whenever she gets her hands on a tissue, paper towel, napkin, washcloth or baby wipe, she runs around wiping off any surface she can get her hands on. Even the couch.
It's actually kinda nice sometimes, like when we got our new china cabinet last week and I wanted to keep her occupied while I transferred over our finery. She polished the outsides and drawers of both the old and new like a pro. It was super cute.
The other day I came home from work to find Sophie and Daddy in the front yard kicking around a ball. Apparently she woke up that morning asking for a ball and wouldn't let it go until Daddy took her to Walmart and bought her one. It is her new favorite toy. She insisted I get a picture (look how proud she looks) and that we take the ball with us to run errands.

Sophie is also determined to figure out how to get into (and out of) seatbelts. Her carseat, her stroller, her highchair, shopping carts...Nothing is safe. We caught her trying to practice on Mr. Green. Do you see the frustration in her face?

She is getting pretty close, though. I guess we need to be really careful from now on....
So the moral of the story? Sophie is all that the title implies. Sweet. Silly. Stubborn (and determined). Super Smart. My Sophie.

No comments: